Saturday, September 30, 2006

Two things

Just a quick post for two things: first, I'm happy to see that the Cards won today. It means that Will Leitch's friends can abandon the suicide watch, at least for another night (though, if Houston loses, it's over for good). Now, even though the Mets are going to beat the Cards like red-headed stepchildren come the postseason (if the Cards draw the short straw and have to play the Mets, that is) I'd still hate to see Will T.O. himself and leave deadspin without an editor.

What I really wanted to post about was the Nationals announcers. I'm hoping the guy that runs the Awful Announcing blog is reading this (probably not) but these homers are just pitiful. So get this: Julio Franco comes up for the Mets in the first inning tonight with Beltran and Greene on base. He hits a monster shot to dead center. Now, this wasn't just a home run. Nor was it just a three-run home run. It was a monster shot to dead center field hit by a 48-year old man. It was history making. Ok, I know you're thinking that he already made history back in April when he hit a home run against San Diego at age 47 - but this is new history, because now he's 48. And those asses in Washington don't say a damned thing about it. They don't mention that Julio Franco started his major league career before pitcher Beltran Perez was even born. Nothing at all. Jerks. This is why I hate the Nats announcers. They are homer idiots.

Incidentally, we're in the third inning and Franco has 5 RBIs so far tonight. I envy those of you who get to hear this game on SNY, because at the pace he's going, Franco might break some other record, and I doubt the Nats announcers will pull their heads out of their own asses long enough to notice.

And that's all I have for now. Back to the game....

Edited at 11:32pm to add:
Offense + Momentum going into playoffs = happy Mets Fan

3 Comments:

Blogger Awful Announcing- said...

Ask and I shall read. I have noticed that about the Nats announcers. Ever since they got a TV deal and got out of Comcast (Orioles) Hell they hired two of the biggest homers ever...Bob Carpenter and Tom Paciorek now work the MASN (Mid Atlantic Sports Network) broadcasts.

The funny thing is that neither of them have anything to do with the Nats or Expos. Good notice and I'll throw you in the links coming tomorrow probably.

Enjoy the playoffs and keep up the good work.

12:04 PM  
Blogger curlygc said...

Thanks for reading! And so far as the Nats homer announcers go, I'm glad to see it's not just me noticing that. Btw, your blog is hysterical, and I hate Joe Buck too (for about five minutes I had a web site called dumpfox.com)

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check this out its been on a loop since i found it on the web . these kids performed it on the 18th at shea it will brighten your day. and calm your soul

http://imagineproject.org/index.php?section=home_readabout&id=2

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home