Friday, August 11, 2006

Nats Beat Mets 2-1. Whatever.

I just wanted to share this for my friends and family out East who do not get the pleasure of listening to out of town announcers when they watch Met games (thanks to MLB Extra Innings through your local cable/satellite provider): Nats announcers are morons. There, I said it. If you watched the game tonight and had to listen to those idiots, you know what I'm talking about. Oh, how I miss Ron and Mex! I also miss the energy and excitement of Shea when the Mets are out of town. 30,000 or so Nats fans, who were treated to a stellar performance by their young pitcher, slept (or chatted about Beltway politics) through most of the game. Which was sad, really. The announcers yelled for the team more than the fans did.

One other thing I wanted to share. Did you know that they call Brian Schneider "Schneiderman?" Did you know that? I'm serious. They really call him that -I shit you not. Now, I really don't have anything personal against the guy. He's a very good catcher. But I must ask this: When you hear "Schneiderman," who do you picture?


This guy? Or this guy?


Oh, and I miss Xavier Nady a whole lot. Can we get him back, do you think? I also miss Cliff. And if I haven't said it before (and I'm sure I have) - Endy Chavez needs to be our Everyday Right Fielder, in my humble opinion. Lastings just isn't ready for the bigs. Unless he goes on a tear, and then I never said that.

And that's all I have for today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home