Thursday, August 24, 2006

I Don't Care What Anybody Says:

You can't tell me this lineup doesn't look better with Shawn Green in it. This is the best looking lineup I've seen since the Mets traded Xavier Nady:

1. Reyes
2. Lo Duca
3. Beltran
4. Delgado
5. Wright
6. Green
7. Valentin
8. Chavez
9. Pitcher

I like that lineup a lot. Better than when Milledge/Tucker/Ledee or even Floyd is in it. I love Cliffy, I really do, but he wasn't exactly having a banner year before all the injuries started piling up. I hate to say it, but I think he's done. At least for now. That's a heck of a guy to have on your bench for the post season though, if he's ever healthy enough to bat. I'm just loving Endy Chavez more and more with each passing game.

I just heard we signed Kelly Stinnett. Looks like he might be brought up to backup Lo Duca now that Castro is effectively out for the season.

Mets fans, you are a classy lot for giving Green such a nice reception tonight. Well done. Ok, I gotta go watch the rest of the game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home