Monday, July 31, 2006

Xavier, We Hardly Knew Ye

Well, I guess it could've been worse. That pretty much sums up the trade deadline moves that came out of the Mets front office today. Omar, you'll have to forgive me for the attitude, but that's the best I can do. Going into today, I was hoping for either of the following to happen: a) we do absolutely nothing or b) we manage to get Dontrelle Willis for Lastings Milledge or somehow get a hold of someone like Jason Schmidt for some prospects other than Milledge. So to come out of it thinking it could've been worse is actually pretty good. [non-sequitur: is anyone getting as sick of Steve Phillips' face since poor grabby hands Harold Reynolds was shoved outta ESPN as much as me? Just wondering].

Anyway, I really did like Nady. I wasn't a fan of the trade that brought him here, but his power changed my mind pretty quickly. And while I thought we should have held on to Roberto Hernandez to begin with, I'm glad he's back in light of what happened to Sanchez. Anyone know the name and address of that Miami cabbie, btw? I have a Louisville Slugger that wants to say "hi" to his kneecaps! (JUST KIDDING, PEOPLE!)

So. Oliver Perez, huh? Omar, do you know something we don't know about this guy? Cuz he hardly seems like that number four or five starter we were looking for, you know?
I guess time will tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home