Monday, December 05, 2005

Is This What It's Like To Be A Yankee Fan?

Minus 24 World Championships? All this hope. There's so much of it, I'm just not sure what to do with myself. I have to stop myself from running up to total strangers on the street and just grabbing their lapels and screaming "MEEEEEEEETS!!!!!!!!!" This happy happy hopefullness. It's just weird. Watching your team throw bundles of cash at top players, and having them not turn it down. I mean... Delgado, Wagner, Lo Duca - you all realize that you're all Mets now, right? The other New York team? The one that loses a lot?

Everyone on ESPN who isn't talking about the Rose Bowl or Peyton and the Colts running the table is talking about the Mets. How Omar won winter, and Dallas is barely underway. And when the Yankees finally overpay for Damon when they coulda gotten JP in the Marlins fire sale, will anyone actually care? Nope. It's all about the Mets. THE MEEEEEEEEEETS!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home