Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Offseason [I think I might be] Happy Dance

Ok, I just read on ESPN.com that we signed Delgado. I'm happy and a little freaked out. Happy to have a slugger and an extra $7 million to play with. Freaked out that it cost us Petit and Jacobs. Ok, honestly, I could care less about the cash. But what I do care about is whether Delgado is going to be a good fit for the organization. This is a guy who refused to stand during God Bless America, in protest of the Iraq war. Politics aside, can you imagine a political statement like that going over well in a city like New York? I'm a little freaked out. The guy isn't exactly known for his sparkling clubhouse personality, you know? If we learned nothing else from the White Sox this year, it was that chemistry goes a hell of a long way towards winning championships. Happy and freaked out. That's me.

One last thing: TAKE THE OFFER, BILLY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home