Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Woody!

First, before I write anything else, I have to give a shout out to Willie for finally flipping Wright and Piazza in the order. Now that wasn't so hard, was it?

Ok, it's official. I really, really hate to say this, but I'm finally climbing down off the Doug Mientkiewicz bandwagon (where I'm pretty sure I was alone anyway). This is hard though. It's like breaking up with someone you really care about, and you don't want to hurt them, but you know in your heart that it's just not working out.

It's funny, but when he booted that double play ball early in the game, even though he recovered enough to get one out, and no runs scored, I knew his game was going to be in the crapper. You could just see him out there muttering to himself, beating himself up. I had this feeling it was going to shoot the rest of his game to hell. Seems like it did. I seriously think he needs an appointment with Stuart Smalley.

I am officially endorsing Chris Woodward for NY Mets Everyday Firstbaseman. He's young. He hits. He's versatile. His defense is probably better than most oversized, power-hitting firstbasemen in the league. I like him. Most of all, we don't have to trade away any prospects to get him, because he's already on our team.

Btw, Tom Verducci, you can just tell the Royals they can keep Mike Sweeney if it means trading away our top pitching prospects and Victor Diaz. Forget it!

Having said that, I still want:

1. More relief pitching (esp. lefty)
2. an everyday secondbaseman who isn't Matsui or Cairo
3. for Dave to make a Braves fan cry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home