Monday, July 25, 2005

Trades Trades Trades

Well, I've finally gotten a job, which means I have to go to work tomorrow. This is excellent news for the bank that holds my mortgage, and all my other creditors. And, well, me. But the bad news is that I can't keep a constant watch on the trade rumors. I'm betting that spending the day surfing the internet is not going to be the best way to impress the new boss.

So, during my last day of freedom, I've been reading all the rumor buzz I can find. I have to give a shout out to Matt over at Metsblog for his post On Soriano. He hits the nail on the head regarding that guy. Matt, I agree with you 100%. I'll root for Soriano if the Mets sign him, but it's going to make me seriously worried and a bit freaked out to see him in a Mets uniform.

As for Jeff Kent, I'm hoping that's just a nasty, nasty rumor. That guy is dugout poison. We've got nothing if not great chemistry on this team, and Kent is just a whiney, complaining, motorcycle-riding contract-violating jackass. The fact that the Mets had an article about a possible Kent trade on their web site this morning, but as of this afternoon, it's suddenly gone - well, that gives me hope it's just not going to happen.

That said, I'd rather have Soriano than Kent, but I'd rather have Anderson Hernandez come up from AAA more than either of those two guys. But if the kid isn't ready, he's not ready. Whatever Omar does, I will accept, and cheer or boo when necessary.

I've also heard we're looking seriously at Danys Baez of the D-Rays. This is good. Billy Wagner would be even better. ESPN writes that Mike Piazza might be on the block, but I hope not. I'd like to see him finish out the year with the Mets.

That's all I have for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home