Friday, July 22, 2005

Short Attention Span Theater #1

Sweeps are sweet.

It's not that I have anything against the Padres. Except maybe for the fact that they play in the worst division in baseball, and have almost the same record as the Mets yet still enjoy a comfortable first place lead. And there's the perfect San Diego weather they enjoy for most of the season. That alone is reason enough to send them packing with a few cans of whoopass.

Btw, for those of you who didn't hear it eighty-seven times during yesterday's broadcast, tonight is Merengue Night at Shea. It's going to be rockin, apparently.

I've noticed that I should have lost faith in Dougie a long time ago - since I started doubting him, he's been ripping the cover off the ball. He's been hitting .286 since July. You go, Doug! I mean.... uh, that means nothing. Yeah. He's terrible.

Kaz Ishii appears to be the new Houdini of the Mets pitching rotation.

Tonight is Merengue Night at Shea.

When Jose Reyes gets on base, we score runs. And win. Since the All-Star break he's hitting .385 - awesome. Keep it up, kid!

Mike Piazza seems to like hitting after David Wright. Perhaps with less pressure on him, he can finally relax. I'm really enjoying watching him play again. It's like seeing the Piazza of old - not only relaxed, but confident, and having fun. Now that's the way to go out, Mike!

By the way, tonight is Merengue Night at Shea.

I watched the entire game yesterday afternoon, and for those of you who had the good fortune to be working, consider yourselves lucky. Not only were you making money, but you didn't have to listen to the tag-team idiot show known as Fran Healy and Ralph Kiner. Ok, I know many of you are booing me and throwing rotten tomatos at your screens for dissing the Kiner Legend. I grew up listening to him too. The fact is, he's up there in age. Not as sharp as he was. Can anyone understand what he's saying? I swear, I could've used an interpreter listening to him and Juan Marichal talk to each other. Now, I could see letting Ralph come in for some color now and then for an inning or two - but an entire game? And with Fran? Are they trying to kill us?

Don't forget - tonight is Merengue Night at Shea. It's going to be rockin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home