Friday, July 08, 2005

Oh, For Cryin' Out Loud!

Ok, the game isn't even over yet. It's between innings, and the Pirates are coming up in the bottom of the 10th. WHY is this game in the tenth? Because Braden Looper blew it, that's why.

I live in central Ohio, and because the game is in Pittsburgh, it's blacked out here. Because I guess being four hours away I'm considered a local. Whatever. So I'm listening to the game over the internet.

According to Pirates radio announcers, Floyd should have caught that fly ball in the bottom of the ninth that dropped in for a double and tied the game. But I didn't see it, so I can't comment on that. However, I can comment on this:

During Tike Redman's 11-pitch at-bat, Looper kept throwing 95-mph fastballs up in the strike zone, and Redman fouled them off, one after the other. During the at-bat, Castro came out to the mound to talk to Looper, presumably because they couldn't agree on the signs. I'm thinking that maybe he's telling Looper, "how about we don't keep throwing him the same exact pitch?" Or maybe it was the other way around. Who knows.

So I'm sitting at my computer, looking at MLB's Gameday, noticing that the pitch location is in the same place and at the same velocity for like five or six pitches in a row, and I'm thinking that he's making contact, and it's only a matter of time until he gets good wood on the ball, so throw the changeup. Throw the changeup, Looper. For the love of Pete, change speeds! Throw something different! You do have some other pitch, don't you? THEN THROW IT!

His next 95 mph fastball went slightly lower than belt high, and Redman drilled it up the middle for a hit.

I was just about to write that even if we won this game, I'd still be just as pissed off and frustrated. But while writing this I just heard the Pirates win the game, and I'm so -MORE- pissed off now that I'm just going to go to bed and bite my pillow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home