Saturday, July 02, 2005

More On Trades

So, I was bouncing around the Mets blogosphere and happened across Mets Analyst (my former teacher) and his Dear Omar letter. I must say, former teacher of mine, I agree with you 100%. Well, more like 98%, because I am willing to give Woody a chance at proving himself at 1B. He's been hitting well lately, so I say we keep him there and see what develops. You never know. I guess I must have a greater tolerance when it comes to that position, because I've been willing to give Doug Mientkiewicz half the season to come out of his slump, and I still love him. I can even spell his name now without looking it up. Go figure.

Other than that, I am with you in regard to being cautious about trading away guys we don't need to trade at this point (Cameron). I like our outfield just the way it is. I also think we've got enough potential in Keppinger or Hernandez that maybe one of those guys will be ready to come up next year. But as for what to do about 2B right now, especially as concerns one Kaz Matsui, I guess I really don't know either. Other than figure out a way to get rid of him without eating too much of his salary. Maybe a left coast team would give him a chance.

I guess my big hope is that Omar will get us more pitching. Particularly of the relief variety. Danys Baez. Billy Wagner (though I doubt Philly will let him go anywhere now... but then again, maybe he's pissed them off enough that we wont have to wait until the offseason). The catcher thing vexes me. I'd be happy enough with Ramon Castro if he could manage to get that average up closer to last year's numbers.

That's all I have for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home