Monday, July 18, 2005

I'm Still Around

Well. I just haven't been very motivated to write here or anywhere else much lately. You know, personal stuff.

Anyway, I've been listening with great interest to all the trade talk going back and forth. I guess my biggest wish is for Omar to not do anything stupid, meaning please please please don't trade away tomorrow's prospects for mediocre talent in order to placate fans today. If there's a magic bullet that's going to turn this team around and bring us up and away from .500 ball, I just don't see him out there right now. Not unless you figure out a way to clone Pedro Martinez.

I honestly am not looking for the Mets to do anything huge by the trade deadline. The way I see it, with Trachsel coming back in a week or two, we'll have a pretty decent rotation, so long as Ishii is dropped into the bullpen, or into the middle of the Pacific Ocean for all I care.

I think Woody has been doing a very nice job at first, though I was heartened to see Minky go two for four in his return. Of course, having Ramon Castro hit into two consecutive double plays right behind him was frustrating, but the catcher thing is something I think we can wait until the offseason to deal with.

I'm happy with Offerman and Anderson coming off the bench to pinch hit. Not so sure about Cairo at second though. But he's a heck of a lot better than Matsui at this point.

Mostly the thing that would make me very happy is if the Mets could get a hold of Billy Wagner, but I don't see it happening. With teams like the Red Sox so desperate for a closer, we might just have to give up too much to get him.

As for the poll, I know I'm sick of the annoying announcers. Predictably, after the Braves series, there was a surge in Braves votes. Honestly though, I'm not sure what pisses me off more - the Braves announcers themselves, or those stupid Turner South commercials. "My South!" Whatever, you chop chop freaks. Here's my very biggest wish: David, before the end of the season, could you make a Braves fan cry? Thanks.

And yes, Metstradamus, the Peach Schnapps commercial is starting to get to me too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home