Sunday, July 03, 2005

I'd Rather Stick My Head In A Blender...

...than watch this team lose another series the way we lost to the Marlins. It was so painful, I can't even write about it. I just can't. It's like, if I were in the Mets locker room right now, I wouldn't be able to look at any of them. Even (or maybe especially) Willie. So rather than rant about this last series, I'd just like to make a simple demand:

Put the best players on the field every day.

I want some frikkin consistency here, and I think you get that by picking a guy at each position and going with him, day after day, until he gives you a reason not to go with him. I hate platooning. I hate experimenting. Not this late in the season. You might as well hang a sign at the entrance to Shea telling fans "We've officially given up, so we're just f-ing around for the rest of the season."

--------------------------

Well, because of my foul mood, I'm going to try to take my mind off the last few days by changing the poll. Here are the stats from the last poll:

Say You're Omar Minaya. Which Problem Do You Think Is MOST Pressing To Address By The Trade Deadline?

Signing a closer who won't blow saves or aggravate my ulcer -- 23%
Signing a firstbaseman who can hit consistently -- 19%
Signing a secondbaseman who can hit & field consistently -- 12%
Singing more reliable middle relievers -- 15%
Signing another big name starting pitcher -- 4%
Hiring a new pitching coach -- 0%
Hiring a new hitting coach -- 4%
Carpet-bombing the entire bullpen & starting over -- 8%
All of the above -- 15%

So the new poll will be mostly for us out of market fans who watch games via cable or satellite (MLB Extra Innings). Us folks have to put up with watching Mets games without the pleasure of Mets announcers all the time. I know hometown Mets fans probably have to deal with this on occasion as well (Yanks or Phils, or when the game is on ESPN.) Anyway, this very unscientific poll will determine which non-Met team has the most annoying announcers. What can I say - the Marlins guys really inspired me.

Note: This poll just includes TV announcers, not radio. Also, I was limited to ten answers, so I left Pittsburgh off the list so that I could include the Yankees. I also left West Coast teams off, because we just don't play them often enough. If there's an announcer(s) you think deserves a mention, leave a comment here or email me and I'll be sure to mention it when I post about the results.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home