Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Some Random Thoughts Before Tonight's Game

Ok, Houdini is on the mound tonight. Will we win this one? Flip a coin, ask the Magic Eight Ball, whatever - just don't put money on it.

I heard over at Metsblog that Willie and the Mets are kicking around the possibility of trying out Victor Diaz at first. Oh boy. I know I've been nothing if not forthright in admitting my love for Minky, and I know his bat has been less than spectacular... but Diaz? At first? Seriously? Look, I hope I'm wrong about this, but I'm picturing Vic making Mike Piazza look like a gold glover out there. This just has ESPN highlight reel hilarity written all over it.

I also hear Mr. Graves may be in uniform for tonight's game. Good luck, kid! and hopefully goodbye to you, Braden Benitez...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home