Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Random Stuff

First off, I'd like to say I'm happy with the Mets' first choice in the draft: Wichita State RHP Michael Pelfrey. The kid is huge - 6'7" 210 lbs, and has a mid-90's fastball. If anyone knows where he'll end up next (Binghamton? Norfolk?) let me know.

I'm also pleased that the Mets picked up Danny Graves. Good move. Not really sure if the guy has anywhere near the same stuff that got him to the All-Star Game 5+ years ago, but he's certainly worth taking a chance on.

Finally, I know Pedro is pitching tonight, but I'm going to have to keep tabs on the Angels/Braves game, at least through the first inning or so. Horacio Ramirez will be on the mound for the Braves, and when Darrin Erstad comes up for the first time tonight, I have a feeling he might want to, uhm, what's the word? Oh, yeah. DUCK!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home