Thursday, June 23, 2005

Calm Before The Storm

Well, it's that time of year again. Remember the episode of the Brady Bunch where Peter, Bobby and Greg are fighting, so they take masking tape and run a strip down the center of their room, dividing it up? Welcome to my house. It's Subway Series Season, and it just might get ugly. Both of these teams are desperately in need of wins. And the Mets are desperately in need of payback against the Yanks. Game one, tomorrow, Pedro vs. Moose, 7pm. I'm getting all tingly just thinking about it. How can anyone not love interleague play? Well, except for the fact that while the Mets were taking on the Yanks and the Braves were up against the BoSox - the Nationals played the BLUE JAYS (no, not the first place O's). What kind of scheduling crap was THAT? But I digress.

Anyway, the Mets should be going into the series feeling pretty confident, taking two of three from the Phils. And if I forgot to mention it before, Minky's slump is OVER! There are two things leaving me scratching my head though. First, why is David Wright hitting seventh? Willie, I just don't get it. Second, why are Ring and Bell still our go-to setup guys? Ok, so maybe Willie doesn't have too many options in that department. Maybe Omar is going to have to buy Willie some relief if we're going to make it to the postseason, and I'm not talking about R-O-L-A-I-D-S.

One more thing: did anyone notice that Keith sort of disappeared in the fourth inning, came back for half the sixth, then left for good, which is what he usually does in the sixth? What was that about? It was clear he was watching the game while he was gone, because he talked about it when he returned. Why? WHY? Was it an extended nic-fit? Did he have to feed a parking meter? It's not enough he drives me nuts leaving in the sixth every time, but now he leaves and comes back? Who does that? Seriously! I swear, when most people finally go to Heaven, they ask about Jesus, or the Pyramids at Giza, or why the dinosaurs died, or is Jimmy Hoffa really buried under Giants Stadium. I'll be asking about Keith Hernandez's mysterious disappearances during games. I can just see God now, looking at me incredulously, shrugging his shoulders and answering "I should know that?"

sigh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home