Saturday, May 21, 2005

Mets Tie Series With Yanks. I Do A Happy Dance.

Some observations about today's game:

We looked marvelous, we really did. Kris Benson has this whole cool swagger thing going that I just love. I wonder if that's just the kind of guy he is, or if Pedro and Tom are rubbing off on him. He just never seems to get rattled. And he's a darn decent hitter too.

Glad to see Mike getting his stroke back. And it looks to me like David Wright is really starting to get en fuego.

I've never laughed so hard during a ballgame as I did in the 7th inning, starting with Koo's double to deep center, interrupting Tim McCarver in mid-sentence who was just "going out on a limb" to say something derogatory about our Korean slugger. I continued laughing when Koo dove head first into home and was called safe. Priceless.

I learned a few things too. I think I'd like to keep Koo around for awhile. He's a gamer. Who knew that? I also learned that he may be the only Met capable of making David Wright squeal like a girl.

Now, I need to pop on over to Metsblog to see if Matt has any news about Matsui and Beltran, both of whom left the game with pulled something-or-others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home