Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Mets Sweep Reds

I can't say too much about the game because it was blacked out where I live, so I didn't actually see it. Instead, I listened to the game on WFAN over the Internet. It's just not the same though. Anyway, it looks like the Glavine of old is here to stay. Two runs on nine hits - not bad at all. With the help of the men behind him, he also managed to pitch out of a few jams.

Mets bats were hot too: Piazza went four for four, and the team added three home runs to their league leading total of 51. The only downside: Manny Aybar. I think it's time to say bye bye Aybar. His horrendous performance today should make it easier on the Mets in terms of what to do with Strickland, although I feel like I'm the only person who is still ranting about bringing Jae Seo back.

On Friday we'll likely be treated to quite a game, as the Mets open up the season's first subway series against the Yankees. Victor Zambrano goes up against Kevin Brown for what should be an intense pitcher's duel. NOT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home